Greetings! It has been quite a while since I have visited this space. I have always been very inconsistent with blogging although in my mind I have written tons of post. I have ideas, but it is the actual sitting down and writing them that is the problem. That changes today. I am refocusing on my life after a couple years of emotional hardship and one of the things is to commit myself to this blog. I’m not going to magically change overnight and post every day, but I’m going to start slow and hopefully grow from there.
Since it has been a while since I’ve been here, I figured I would reintroduce myself by letting you know 50 random facts about myself. Here we go!
- I’m turning 30 in a couple of months (cue massive panic attack).
- I LOVE dogs.
- I do not like cats.
- I want to retire in Southern California, specifically Santa Barbara.
- I graduated from college in 3 years as a double major.
- I’ve been drinking coffee since I was 3 years old.
- I need music like I need air to breathe.
- I have an addiction to Starbucks.
- I have read 95 books this year and it is only June…I like to read.
- I am also a very fast reader.
- I want to learn as many languages as I can. I started learning Italian and Korean a couple years ago, but eventually stopped. I want to pick them back up again.
- I love making lists.
- I am the queen of procrastination.
- I am extremely sarcastic.
- I hate mayonnaise. So gross.
- Sour cream makes my life better.
- Friends is my favorite show of all-time.
- At Last sung by Etta James is my favorite song. So gorgeous.
- I am a realist which my high school History teacher used to say is optimism for pessimists.
- I HATE science.
- I have a serious nail polish addiction.
- I’m a pack rat. It’s a problem. I’m not quite in hoarder territory, but I am a few magazines away from hitting the danger zone.
- I spend a large portion of my time watching YouTube videos.
- I love cooking and baking.
- I’m a low maintenance person with high maintenance hair. Therefore it is a wreck about 90% of the time.
- I am not outdoorsy. Hiking, biking camping is not for me.
- I can’t watch baseball since it is so slow, yet I get really into golf.
- I enjoy watching Korean dramas and listening to K-Pop, though it’s been a while since I’ve watched a full Korean drama.
- I love rain. I love living where I live, but it is way too sunny for me. I need some rain and cloudiness in my life.
- I hate snow, but I love snow days.
- I lived in Colorado for 10.5 years.
- I’ve known my best friend for 18.5 years.
- I believe in soul mates, but I don’t believe that everyone ends up with their soul mate and that is okay.
- I wanted to be a singer for 7 years. Sadly I cannot sing so that dream was dashed.
- I don’t know how to swim.
- I have a recurring dream where I have a 25-30 page paper due and I haven’t written it.
- I’ve never been in love.
- I’m a practical romantic.
- My favorite color is purple.
- I love photography.
- I am obsessed with Japan and Italy. We can throw China and South Korea in there as well.
- I am contemplating going back to school and get my Masters in Library Science, which is so random.
- I am random.
- I love Italian and Korean food. Best. Food. Ever.
- I am a picky eater.
- I am really shy, but once you get to know me I don’t shut up.
- I am super weird.
- I love movies. If I could go to the movies every day I would be the happiest person on the planet.
- I love cheese. I think this love of cheese runs in my family’s DNA as we all are big cheeseheads.
- If I could travel anywhere in the world this year, I would go to London/UK and South Korea. In the US, I would go to San Francisco or one of the Carolinas.
Sooooooooooo…it’s been awhile. I’ve never posted consistently, but I have always had this blog in the back of my mind. The whole purpose of this blog was to give an outlet to all of the thoughts floating in my head about all of the things I’m interested in, but that requires me to actually do the things that excite me. The past couple of years have been very trying and now that I am gradually getting out of the depression fog I was in and I am starting too see things more clearly, I am realizing just how truly depressed and unhappy I was. Now that I’m in a better place emotionally, I am vowing to “get back to me” and do the things I’ve always loved to do. I have renewed sense of purpose and hope for the future. January was a very odd month, but I am ready for February and think this may be the start of a wonderful year! 🙂
Soooooo…….July……..Yeah…. It started off well enough and then the s*** hit the fan at work and basically I was collateral damage in a crazy war between my boss and his boss. I am unexpectedly unemployed and my emotions are all over the place which basically shot all plans to hell.
Read More »
It is so hard to believe that July is already upon us. This year is going by so quickly. Christmas will be here before I know it!
Quite honestly, there really isn’t anything to report for the month of May and June. My “Let Go and Let God” plan is going very well. I am an over-thinker and an over-thinker can never really stop thinking, but I have been doing well at trying not to control the things that I just can’t no matter how hard I try.
I did have a brief freak out as my worst fear was realized and I got a call letting me know my parents were in a pretty bad car accident. Thankfully, they walked away relatively unharmed, but as I don’t live in the same state as my parents it did give me a pause and I had a mini meltdown, but all is well with them and me. An accident really does put things into perspective. It also shows that miracles do happen because there is no way that my parents, who were hit at full-speed by a woman who ran a red light causing their car to roll in the middle of an intersection, should have walked away from it. My mom did break her rib, but outside of that not a scratch on them. It is really baffling and I know someone up there was looking out for them.
All in all, it has been a pretty uneventful summer. Right now, I am trying to get certain aspects of my life in order such as my health, finances etc etc. The wonderful age of 30 will be upon me in a couple of years and all I am thinking about is how I need to get my crap together. I’ve always been more mature than my age, but my circumstances are definitely of a person in her 20’s and I have some bad habits that I need to break. Hopefully, this month I can begin to purge some of those habits and work on some other things and that will set me up for my future. I am taking each day as it comes and (trying) not to worry too much.
My my how time flies. It’s already May and we are almost halfway through the year. Craziness. The past couple of months have been interesting in terms of my mental and emotional state which explains my long absence (not that I am regular about my blogging anyway). February started off fine and then an unexpected repair on my car brought me down and then I spiraled. My spiraling continued throughout March and April was basically the month to pick myself back up. I was reminded of the darkness that I have within myself and hopefully I won’t go there again.Read More »
One month down, 11 more to go.
Read More »
A new year is upon us! It is so weird to think that it is already 2013. 2012 was a good year. The major change for me was I got a new job FINALLY. It is as I call it my transition job, but I am happy to be somewhere new and learning new things. It’s what I need right now as I am finding my way in life. Outside of that, 2012 was a typical year for me. This year I want it to be different. Normally, I am not one for New Year’s resolutions. I tend to think of my new year as my birthday so that is when I make all of my resolutions. Every year around this time, I just say I want to have a good year and be happy. This year is slightly different in that I am going to try a few different things in terms of money, health/beauty, career etc. etc. I’ve been thinking about certain things since November (after my b-day) and now is a good time to implement them. This is my clean slate and my getting back to me year. I’ve lost myself the past few years so I think this year is a good time to find myself again.
I wish everyone a Happy New Year and I hope 2013 much joy and awesomeness to your life!